The only thing that stresses me out about traveling is the voice inside my head that constantly tells me that I am going to forget something. I’m going to make it easy for you and break down what you need. These travel essentials are things that I can’t live without.
What you need:
- A plane outfit: I know you may not think this is an essential but comfort is key! If your plane ride is longer than a few hours you’re going to want to be as comfortable as possible. I always go for something warm and cozy because I usually get cold on planes. A pair of joggers and a cute hoodie will usually do the trick. Anything that looks cute and you can fall asleep in.
- A portable charger: A portable charger is a life saver for so many reasons. Don’t forget it. Always keep your phone charged because when you’re traveling you never know when you’ll need it.
- Adaptors/ Converters: You can order adaptors and converters on Amazon for really good prices. You want to make sure that you get a few so that you can charge multiple things at once.
- A passport cover: You might think this is all for show, but some passport covers have enough room to fit your boarding pass, cash, and several card slots. You can kill two birds with one stone: all of your important belongings are organized and you can take a cute pic for your Instagram.
- Phone plan: figure out your phone plan with your provider before you go out of town. Nothing is worse than surprise phone bills once you get home! If your provider doesn’t offer a good deal you could always use WhatsApp to communicate with people while you’re in wifi.
- Head cushion, headphones & water bottle: These are all mostly for the plane but they make your trip 10x more enjoyable. Make sure you stay hydrated throughout the flight. Head cushion, headphones, and water bottle.
- Apps Apps Apps: There are so many helpful apps that I’m going to make a separate post just explaining why they are so helpful. In the meantime check these out: CityMaps2Go, WhatsApp, Airbnb, Student Universe, Uber.
- The basics: When you’re going abroad you want to be packing light. This is one is hard for me, but every trip it gets easier. Make sure you’re packing a few “basics” so that you can mix and match your outfits to create new outfits every time while still packing light. Nordstrom and Gap are always a hit and never a miss.
- Zippered Purse: Once you’re abroad you want to make sure that your everyday bag is secure and fits everything that you need. The more complicated it is to get into the better!! I strongly suggest getting a backpack purse because they are so adorable and are usually hard to get into. Always keep your eyes on your stuff.
- Tide handwash detergent: These are small packets that you can use in the sink to wash some clothes when a laundry machine is not available. I suggest keeping on in your bag because you never know where you’ll end up.
Remember, these aren’t ALL of the essentials. They are just the ones I think are important! I’ll be posting a packing blog and an app blog later this week that will include more things you should think about bringing on your trip. What are some of your travel must-haves?