The Art Ovation Hotel caught my attention when they first opened their rooftop pool bar with jaw-dropping views of Sarasota. Little did I know that that wasn’t even the best part of the hotel. Last week The Overture Restaurant in the Art Ovation put a few new things on their menu and invited some Sarasota bloggers to try them out. I am now convinced that The Overture Restaurant & Gallery Louge is the best part of the hotel. The service was excellent, Executive Chef Mark cooked amazing food and the art and atmosphere were fantastic.
Let’s start with what I wore! My dress didn’t come in time for the event so a sweet friend of mine gave me hers, and it was comfortable and beautiful!
Dress: Can be found on Amazon for less than $25.
Shoes: Michael Kors wedges and boy were they comfy! They’re 40% off right now.
Food & Drink
Get On Your Feet (The Green Drink): This one was my favorite because it was so refreshing.
- Absolute Peppar, housemade juice (celery, cucumber, green pepper), lime juice and simple syrup.
- Tito’s vodka, lavender syrup, fresh lemon juice, and an orchid!
- Domestic artisan cheese & cured meats, honeycomb, Mediterranean olives.
- This was the perfect mix of salty & sweet and I would definitely order it again.
Maine Lobster Mac & Cheese:
- White cheese fondue with wild mushroom, cavatappi noodles & sweet cornbread crust.
- This was perfection.
Gulf Coast Shrimp “Cocktail”:
- This tasted so fresh especially when paired with cocktail sauce & lemon.
- It was also aesthetically pleasing because of the fog that poured out of the glass.
The Overture Salad:
- Don’t be alarmed this was just the sample size and the actual size is a lot bigger.
- Baby lettuce, strawberries, candied pecans, feta cheese, raspberry poppy seed dressing and their fresh baked bread on the side!
- Pan jus, purple Peruvian potatoes, chef’s vegetable.
- This chicken was cooked to perfection & the Peruvian potatoes were very yummy.
Triple Grind Burger & Hand Cut Fries:
- I think this one had to be Mark’s (my boyfriend not the chef) favorite. It was extremely delicious and so juicy. I strongly suggest getting this one.
- House-made beer cheese, caramelized onion, shredded lettuce, bacon mayo & tomato.
Whole Fried Snapper:
- Vegetable pad tai, soy ginger glaze.
- If you love snapper you will LOVE this dish!
Mark & I had the most amazing time at The Overture Restaurant & Gallery Louge and we will definitely be heading back there soon. Treat yourself and head to The Overture (located in downtown Sarasota in The Art Ovation Hotel) for a spectacular meal. I promise you it will not disappoint.
With Love, Melissa