My New York City Travel Guide is finally here!! I’m sure most of you saw tons of my NYC pictures if you follow me on Instagram @melgalmin. It was such a fun trip all thanks to one of my best friends who took me all around the city and let me stay at her place! Amanda, you are the best! NYC is huge and there are honestly too many places to go so I am just going to list my favorites, and if you have any more questions feel free to comment or message me through Instagram.
Things to do:
- Times Square at night – If you’ve been before you don’t need to go again, but if you have to go at least once!
- 5th Avenue – whether your window shopping or actually shopping this will be a great time.
- The Flatiron Building – Other than being a good picture spot the building isn’t that special, BUT the first Shake Shack ever is located right near it so I would make a little trip out of it if you have nothing to do.
- Central Park – Grab a bagel and walk Central Park. It was so nice and peaceful and perfect for people watching.
- The Met – You could spend hours in there and you would finally be able to get that Gossip Girl picture you’ve been dreaming of taking.
- Rockefeller Center – The dreamiest place during the holidays. You cannot leave New York without seeing this.
- The Empire State Building – I’ve never been, but I heard the view from the top is unbelievable.
- Walk the High Line – This was such a beautiful area to just walk around and enjoy the weather.
- See a Broadway Show – They never disappoint.
- SOHO – So many great shops and places to eat!
Places to Eat:
- Thursday Kitchen: This dinner place had to be one of the best! It is a small plate spot that is so adorable and yummy too! They serve your alcoholic beverages in juice pouches, and everything on the menu sounds amazing.
- The Butcher’s Daughter: A vegetarian place with some vegan options. Get it? Butcher’s Daughter lol. This place is aesthetically pleasing and is perfect for breakfast and lunch.
- Village Den: Let’s be honest, I really only wanted to go to this place because Antoni from Queer Eye is the owner. It turned out to be so amazing, and there were so many healthy options!
- When We Were Young: I didn’t make it there this trip, but I’ve only ever heard good things.
- Pietro Nolita – This is such a popular Italian food spot among bloggers because everything inside is pink. Need I say more?
- Rintintin – This is a Meditteranean place that Amanda and I stumbled upon. Everything looked so good on the menu that it took us forever to place an order. The food was so good, and there was no wait.
- Shake Shack – You need to go to the original located by the Flatiron building.
- The Plaza Food Hall – The most amazing little food hall located on the side of The Plaza hotel! There are so many options and it’s beautiful there.
- Big Daddy’s: A diner with some amazing late night food options, but most importantly milkshakes.
What I Wore:
You can find it all on the free Like to Know It App! Just type in melgalmin and you’ll see all of my outfits pop up!
I was only there for 5 days and I was on a budget, so most of the restaurants I have listed are pretty affordable for NYC prices. I’m sure there are some I’ve forgotten so I’ll have to go back in and edit this post as I remember. I hope that you can get some use of this when you make your next trip to NYC! Is there anything that you would add to this list? If you ever want more info don’t be afraid to comment or direct message me!
With love, Melissa