The Corona Virus has been very top of mind. Some of us may feel sad, some of us may feel anxious and some of us just don’t like change. In a situation like this it is sooo easy to look for the negatives, but today I challenge you to look at the positives! 1. You are healthy 2. You are social distancing (which is something you have probably needed for a long time). Take this social distancing time as a little pause to catch up to where you want to be, or if you already feel caught up then take this time to RELAX!
Here are 10 things to do while you’re social distancing:
- Catch up on things that have been overwhelming: ex. unsubscribing from annoying emails, that one tech error on your website (what I did yesterday for 7 hours) or busy work!
- Read: I am reading “Nothing to See Here.” Two of my favorites are “In a Dark, Dark Wood”(on Amazon) and “The Four Agreements.”
- Start working out: I have been doing at home workouts with the Tone it Up App because for the next month it’s 100% FREE! They have everything from Barre, to HIIT, to all kinds of yoga and the workouts are quick!
- Call your friends and family: They probably need you a lot more than you think they do. A lot of high school and college seniors are anxious and sad that they won’t get to go to graduation or prom or see their friends all together again because everything has switched to online. Your older family members are probably worried about their health or feeling lonely. Be a good friend/ family member and call everyone up!
- Learn to cook or bake: Break out the “Foodie” Pinterest boards ladies and gents this is your time to shine!! Learn to cook with the things you already have and see what new recipes you can come up with. Pro tip: Use this time to create a book of all of your favorite recipes! Call up your mom and friends and have them give you the recipes that you love. If you want something fun to drink try this Hibiscus Tea from Two Sisters Tea. Lots of antioxidants and sooo yummy (and on Amazon 😉 )
- Watch Netflix or Hulu: These are my favorite shows Schitt’s Creek (Netflix), Love is Blind (Netflix), Outlander (Netflix + Hulu).
- Organize or clean: Organize your bathroom, your closet, your at-home office, that one junk drawer all of us have… Clean your sheets, dust, vacuum, etc! Treat yourself to some organization containers from Amazon!
- Set goals and write down your wins for the month: Setting goals will help you not waste time while you’re at home. Write down your wins (big or small) from January- now. I love doing this because it always makes me feel better and at the end of the year it’s nice to look back.
- Listen to podcasts: The Morning Toast, The Snatchelor, The Viall Files, and Off the Vine.
- Learn a Tik Tok dance: I know that sounds silly, but I promise it will entertain you for hours lol.
I hope this list guides you in the right direction! Tag me if you do any of the above!!
With love, Mel